for Piano & Violin
SEE YOU SOON IN 2023!
Singapore International Music Competition (SIMC) is an annual event open to all young pianists and violinist below the age of 30 around the world to showcase their artistry and be recognized on an international platform.
The competition aims to provide new and important music opportunities for all competition winners through scholarship awards, performance platforms and other various forms of media promotions such as CD and digital recordings. Through receiving support and collaborations with international organizations, SIMC is devoted to promote and support rising stars of the current and future generation of local and international musicians.
Gala concert & Award Ceremony for selected winners at Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre, Recital Studio on 23 December, 2022.
In addition, awards and prizes amounting to S$10 000 will be distributed among selected winners in the form of scholarships and concert engagements in 2022/2023*:
- Live concert engagements with chamber orchestras in Europe and Asia
- The Emäsalo Music Festival, Finland
- Helsinki Intensive Piano Masterclass “Re-imagining performance”
- Open Piano Class with Prof. Cristina Marton-Argerich, Germany
- Masterclass with Steinway artist Dr. Svetlana Belsky at Belsky Piano Studio, USA
- Violin Masterclass with Prof. Mina Mendelson
- Violin Masterclass with Dr. Linda Hedlund
- KNS Classical Prize Award – Digital CD distribution and publishing for Absolute prize winners of Artist piano and violin categories
- Southeast Asia Music Academy Online scholarship award – full scholarship for Absolute prize winners of Youth, Young artist and Artist piano and violin categories
- Featured soloist(s) with St George Strings, Belgrade Chamber Orchestra
Top prize winners are given web presence on the homepage of Singapore International Music Competition and official Facebook page. Selected winners’ videos shall also be published on the competition YouTube channel.
- Teacher Excellence Awards (for teachers of top prize winners)
*Prizes and scholarships are not convertible or transferable, and competition committee reserves the final rights for distribution and allocation of prize awards.